WHAT IS THE CPRG?
The CPRG is a special interest group of the SASP, which aims to build an environment in which physiotherapists and other interested professionals (and experts) can interact to promote and enhance cardiopulmonary care for acute and chronic conditions. The group advocates evidence-based practice and emphasises continued education to encourage members to become leaders in the cardiopulmonary rehabilitation field.
We strive to:
- Establish a reliable evidence-based knowledge base for cardiopulmonary patient assessment and care.
- Promote learning in our members through courses, discussion evenings, lectures, and interaction with other professions.
- Establish and maintain national and international relationships with other individuals and organisations with similar interests.
- Act in the best interest of:
- Patients receiving physiotherapy for cardiopulmonary conditions
- Members of the CPRG
- Physiotherapy as a profession
- Comply with the regulations of the SASP and the HPCSA.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF CPRG MEMBERSHIP?
- Access to CPT1, an APDL2 course, which is held on a rotational basis every two years in different regions.
- Reduced rates for workshops and courses organised by CPRG
- Free attendance of lecture evenings organised by the provincial branches of the CPRG (where possible).
- Associated membership of International Confederation of Cardio-respiratory Physical Therapists (ICCrPT), a WCPT interest group.
- Subsidised membership of the Critical Care Society of Southern Africa
- Financial support for cardiopulmonary rehabilitation research
- Financial support for congress attendance in the field
- Access to the CPRG Facebook page
- Regular educational newsletters
- Regular updates on relevant and important information
- Free advertisements regarding employment, equipment etc. in the CPRG newsletter
- The CPRG Committee facilitates interaction between general physiotherapists and CPRG members with regard to research or clinical information / queries.
GEC MEMBERS (all can be contacted via the secretary)
Chairperson: Alison Lupton-Smith
Secretary: Anri Human
Treasurer: Michele Lottering
APDL2 course portfolio chair: Lizl van Heerden
Marketing: Rene Seale
Past Chair: Brenda Morrow
Without portfolio: Jacqui Schewitz