The HPCSA and the SASP follow specific guidelines when accrediting activities for professional development. You can access all the relevant guideline documents through the links below. Email any related questions to email@example.com
- AS PER HPCSA RULES, ACCREDITATION MUST BE APPLIED FOR IN ADVANCE (3 weeks) AND STRICTLY NO LATE APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED.
- After completion of a lecture/course, the attendance register needs to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org within two weeks after the activity. You have to keep a copy of attendance registers for 3 years.
- NB. If the course is theoretical all health professionals that could benefit from the course/ lecture can be allowed. Practical courses must be profession-specific and be within the scope of the particular profession.
- References not necessary for evening / 1 or 2 hour lectures
- References necessary for all courses/ lectures longer than 2 hours (the majority not older than 10 years)
- Activity Type e.g. seminar, workshop, course, lecture
- Activity Name
- The date(s) of the Activity
- The start and finish times of the Activity (including lunch and tea)
- The agenda/programme/course content. Please add up teaching hours, whether activity is theory or practical and highlight ethics.
- A brief CV of presenter/s
- The venue/city in which the activity will take place.
- A completed HPCSA form (Target Audience clearly stated)
- Declaration form for presenters
- Courses must include references and these should be embedded in the lectures. (Harvard or Vancouver format and the majority should include articles not older than 10 years)
- Please also note that Ethics points are no longer 2/ hour, but 1/ hour as for all other activities
- Example of advertisement
- Also note that we can no longer accredit at level 2 as only a South African Qualifications Authority institutions such as Universities can accredit level 2 activities. You may accrue points on level 1 or 2 – you do not need a specific amount of each
Are available under the CPD Forms tab (CPD INFORMATION >> CPD Forms)
CPD Accreditation Panel